The Dangerous Goods Air Recertification course has been created to re-confirm your knowledge of all safety and practical aspects of accepting dangerous goods for air transport. This course will also allow you to regain a sound understanding of all legal requirements which apply to the job.
Topics covered in this course include:
- The basic processes and procedures involved in preparing dangerous goods for air transport.
- Classification of dangerous goods, including the properties and risks of each dangerous goods class/division.
- Identification of dangerous goods through use of labels and Safety Data Sheets (SDS’s).
- Use of the Dangerous Goods List included in the IATA Regulations.
- Packaging, marking and labelling requirements for air transport.
- Documentation requirements, including Shippers Declarations and Air Waybills.
- Getting dangerous goods to the airport, including road transport rules and safety procedures.
- Acceptance procedures and use of acceptance checklists.
- Preparing packages for air transport, including determining compatibility, consolidating and restraining.
- Transport considerations for dangerous goods, including airline procedures and documentation, dangerous goods allowed as carry-on and checked luggage, and identification of hidden/undeclared/misdeclared dangerous goods.
- Basic emergency procedures and reporting of hazards.
This course meets all requirements outlined by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) for personnel who consign or accept dangerous goods in accordance with IATA Regulations. Assessment is against the applicable regulatory and industry standards.
This recertification course is internationally accepted.
All components of this course are 100% online.
Note: to be eligible to complete this course, you must hold a current air acceptance certification. If your certification has expired, you are required by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) to complete a full initial acceptance course.
Get In Touch
03 9492 2977
Send Us a Message
Your Licence Pty. Ltd.
ABN: 19 155 474 507
Our training facility is located at:
15 Barrie Road
Tullamarine, Victoria 3043
AITAC Pty Ltd (TOID3591) is the registered training organisation provider for Your Licence.