This course offers a comprehensive introduction to forklift operations and on-the-job requirements, providing the required theoretical training and knowledge to prepare students for the theory and calculations assessment components of a forklift licensing course. By completing this online course, aspiring forklift drivers will be provided with the key theoretical and calculations information covered in the national Unit of Competency required to prepare for forklift certification (TLILIC0003 Licence to operate a forklift).
With a strong focus on safety, this course includes information on:
- Types of forklifts covered by a Licence.
- Parts and controls for different forklifts you may use.
- How to plan a job, control hazards and reduce risks to yourself and others.
- How to conduct a forklift inspection to make sure it’s safe to use, and what to do if you encounter a fault or an incident.
- How to lift, move and place loads safely and securely.
- How to figure out the weight and centre of gravity of various loads so you don’t overload your forklift.
- How to correctly shut down, secure, refuel and maintain your forklift.
- How to meet legal requirements when on the job.
Along with a step-by-step guide to operations in industrial settings, this forklift training includes a variety of sample assessment questions, allowing students to test their knowledge along the way, collect evidence of formative learning, and prepare for the theory and calculations assessments which they will undertake to qualify for a government licence. The training material included is mapped to Australian competency standards and adjusted to appropriate language and literacy standards. Information is presented in an easy-to-understand, engaging, interactive format, and is suitable for people of all ages with a basic/intermediate level of written English skills.
This course is based on the national competency standards accredited by the state and national training authorities.
All components of this course are delivered 100% online. Please note that after purchase of this course, you will have 28 days to complete your training and assessment.
Get In Touch
03 9492 2977
Send Us a Message
Your Licence Pty. Ltd.
ABN: 19 155 474 507
Our training facility is located at:
15 Barrie Road
Tullamarine, Victoria 3043
AITAC Pty Ltd (TOID3591) is the registered training organisation provider for Your Licence.