The Globally Harmonised System (GHS) Awareness course provides you with a comprehensive overview of the international system used to classify and communicate chemical hazards on product labels and Safety Data Sheets (SDS’s).
Topics covered in this course include:
- The basic process of classifying hazardous chemicals (including chemical mixtures and solutions) under the GHS.
- GHS and Dangerous Goods hazard classifications.
- Documenting hazardous chemicals using Safety Data Sheets.
- GHS Labelling requirements, including labelling size and format, and what elements must be included (signal words, pictograms, hazard statements, precautionary statements and other information).
- GHS labelling requirements for packages intended for transport.
All components of this course are 100% online.
The GHS Awareness course is specifically developed to provide learners with the information needed to meet general training requirements outlined in the Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) legislation.
While this training gives a comprehensive overview of the GHS, complex classification requirements are beyond the scope of this course. For specific advice regarding GHS classification, send us an enquiry.
Get In Touch
03 9492 2977
Send Us a Message
Your Licence Pty. Ltd.
ABN: 19 155 474 507
Our training facility is located at:
15 Barrie Road
Tullamarine, Victoria 3043
AITAC Pty Ltd (TOID3591) is the registered training organisation provider for Your Licence.