The Properties & Hazards of Dangerous Goods course provides you with a comprehensive and in-depth overview of the properties, dangers and classification aspects of each dangerous goods class/division.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Class 1 explosive considerations, including High & Low Explosive classifications, Primary & Secondary Explosives classifications, compatibility groups and explosive mixing rules.
- Factors contributing to the dangers of Class 2 gases, including gas types & storage methods, density, compression, explosive limits and expansion rates,
- Factors contributing to the dangerous of Class 3 flammable liquids, including explosive limits, flash point and expansion rates, and how these Packing Group assignment.
- The properties of Class 4 solids, and how Class 4 Packing Groups are determined.
- The properties determining how Division 5.1 & 5.2 substances are further classified into Packing Groups and Types.
- Oral, dermal and inhalation toxicity levels of Division 6.1 substances, LC50/LD50 measurements, and Packing Groups.
- Extent of infectiousness of Division 6.2 substances, and how these substances are assigned into Categories.
- What radioactivity is, and how Class 7 substances are assigned Categories and Transport Indices.
- How pH contributes to the corrosivity of Class 8 substances, and how this related to Class 8 Packing Groups and environmental risks.
- Class 9 properties and Packing Group assignment.
The level of detail provided in this course is much deeper than in our Beginners & General Awareness courses. Storage, transport and administrative obligations are not covered in this course, and it does not lead directly to a transport licence.
All components of this course are 100% online.
Get In Touch
03 9492 2977
Send Us a Message
Your Licence Pty. Ltd.
ABN: 19 155 474 507
Our training facility is located at:
15 Barrie Road
Tullamarine, Victoria 3043
AITAC Pty Ltd (TOID3591) is the registered training organisation provider for Your Licence.