The Dangerous Goods Air Shippers Course for Lithium Batteries provides you with information on all safety and practical aspects of preparing lithium batteries for air transport. This course will also allow you to gain a sound understanding of all legal requirements which apply to this job.
Topics covered in this course include:
- The basic processes and procedures involved in preparing lithium batteries for air transport, including use of SDS’s and the Dangerous Goods List of the IATA Regulations
- What lithium batteries are and why they’re dangerous.
- Determining what UN number applies to different lithium battery types/configurations, and other technical information such as Watt-hour calculations.
- Terminology relating to lithium batteries (e.g. ion, cell, watt-hour).
- Packaging, marking and labelling requirements for different types of lithium batteries.
- Documentation requirements, such as Shippers Declarations and Air Waybills.
- Getting batteries to the airport, including road transport rules and safety procedures.
- Basic acceptance, consolidation and segregation procedures.
- Lithium batteries allowed as carry-on luggage, checked luggage and air mail
- Hidden, undeclared & misdeclared dangerous goods.
- Procedures for faulty batteries, and reporting of incidents.
This course meets all requirements outlined by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) for personnel who prepare and consign lithium batteries for air transport in accordance with IATA Regulations. Personnel who successfully complete this course can legally prepare and consign Lithium Batteries for air transport (subject to changes in regulations and standard supervisory requirements), and have met the necessary OH&S requirements for these handling operations. Assessment is against the applicable regulatory and industry standards.
This course is internationally accepted. All components are 100% online.
Get In Touch
03 9492 2977
Send Us a Message
Your Licence Pty. Ltd.
ABN: 19 155 474 507
Our training facility is located at:
15 Barrie Road
Tullamarine, Victoria 3043
AITAC Pty Ltd (TOID3591) is the registered training organisation provider for Your Licence.