Are you looking for an Atmospheric Gas Testing refresher course? If you currently have a Gas Testing qualification but need current, nationally recognised training for your next job, Your Licence can help. Click here to get started now.
Note: we also offer Confined Space Entry refresher courses, as well as a combined refresher course in Confined Space Entry & Atmospheric Gas Testing. Click here to view all courses relating to this field.
Fully accredited nationally recognised training.
Units of competency:
MSMWHS217 - Gas Test Atmospheres
Our Refresher Course will reconfirm your knowledge of all safety and practical aspects of atmospheric testing in confined spaces and restricted areas. This course is 100% online and is based on the national competency standards accredited by the State and National Training Authorities.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you’ll be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment to keep with you for the future.
We’ve created a detailed 100% online Learners Guide which includes the requirements of the Australian Standards, Codes of Practice, and the various state regulations for safely carrying out atmospheric testing (you can use this resource during your assessments too). Hazard identification and risk analysis are core components of the course and comply with the statutory requirements.
The learning outcomes for this training are as follows:
- Identification of possible contamination sources.
- Identification of hazards and risk factors.
- Understand the common flammable, toxic and asphyxiant atmospheric contaminants found in industrial settings.
- Understand the equipment and protocols used to carry out atmospheric testing.
- Understand and interpret atmospheric testing results.
- Understand isolation and lock-out procedures.
- Understand other atmospheric hazard control measures such as ventilation systems.
- Understand and adhere to permit systems and job roles.
- Care for and maintain testing equipment and associated gear.
- Carry out reporting and record-keeping requirements.
You can see a course preview by clicking here, so you can get a feel for what’s included in the Learners Guide before your start your training.
As this is a refresher certification, you must hold a Gas Test Atmospheres qualification or equivalent before enrolling in this course.
A copy of your qualification – such as a Statement of Attainment, ticket or licence – must be supplied to us during this course, as proof of your previous training.
There are no government funded rebates available for this course.
This refresher course is offered as a 100% online training and assessment program.
Training and assessment is offered via our online eLearning system, which includes access to a comprehensive Learners Guide to help you to refresh and update your knowledge to the latest industry standard. When you’re ready, you can complete your assessments online and submit for review by an accredited Assessor.
You can complete your learning and assessments at your own pace, however our average times are:
- Learners Guide – 3 modules, around 2 hours
- Theory Assessment – 45 minutes
- Practical Self-Assessment – 30 minutes
This training course is fully accredited and nationally recogised.
Units of competency:
MSMWHS217 - Gas test atmospheres
Once you have successfully completed your assessments and been deemed competent by an accredited Assessor, you will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment from an Australian RTO. This certificate can be used across Australia to demonstrate your current knowledge and understanding of Confined Space Entry, and is valid for a recommended period of 30 months.
Your formal Statement of Attainment will be sent to you within 30 days.
You can view a course preview by clicking the button, so you can get a feel for what’s included in the Learners Guide before your start your training.
When you’re ready to start your training, you can purchase your training pack and enrol online. After enrolment, you will have immediate access to your Learners Guide and assessments.
Thanks for stopping by! Here some page that might be useful for you:
• Looking for something else? Check out all of our courses here >>
• Want to check out our eLearning system? View our Course Library here >>
• Got a question? Have a look at our FAQ section here >>
• Get to know us! Find out more about Your Licence and what we do here >>
• You can also find out what’s happening in the industry or at Your Licence by reading out blog here >>